Upstay House Rules
Last Updated: November 25th, 2020
The House Rules below apply to all trips at Upstay properties.
Check-in and Out.
- You may check-in after 4:00pm local time and must check-out by 10:00am local time (USA) or 11:00am (CANADA). If you would like an earlier check-in or a later checkout, please call or text us at 407-863-6255 (USA) or 647-512-8814 (CANADA). You can also email us at email@example.com. We’ll do our best to accommodate your request and will confirm any modified check-in and/or check-out time via text or email. Please follow any additional instructions these changes may require.
- If you overstay past your designated check-out time by more than one (1) hour, we reserve the right to enter the unit, remove any belongings, change the locks, and take further action as appropriate. You may be liable for any associated costs and for additional fees of up to $150 for each hour (full or partial) that you overstay, as well as any other related damages, fees, costs or expenses incurred by us (e.g., relating to our loss of a subsequent guest reservation or booking alternative accommodations for any part of the time that you overstayed).
- In connection with your trip, you should receive an email from us containing check-out instructions. Please follow those instructions and call or text us at the phone number provided with any questions.
- We reserve the right to hold a security deposit at the time of check in for the duration of your stay. This hold is fully refundable, should the house be left in a reasonable condition and no damage is found upon check-out.
Basic House Rules.
- We do not allow smoking of any kind (including on balconies or terraces), including but not limited to nicotine, tobacco derived products and/or cannabis derived substances (including vaping and e-cigarettes); breaking this rule will incur a $250 fine plus the cost to clean and deodorize the unit;
- Parties or events;
- Unreasonable numbers of guests including any that exceed the maximum permitted by law;
- Number of overnight guests cannot exceed the maximum allowed for the unit, this information is posted on the website;
- Excessive noise;
- Audible noise outside of the unit after 9 pm local time;
- Disturbing neighbors or invading their privacy or security;
- Illegal substances or activity (e.g., involving drugs, the Internet, or otherwise, including illegal downloads or file sharing whether using our, your own, or a third-party device or Internet connection);
- Pornography production or prostitution;
- Dangerous or hazardous items (e.g., those that may increase the risk of fire or explosion such as candles or lighters);
- Firearms and other weapons (except those rightfully possessed by on-duty or off-duty law enforcement officials or licensed security guards);
- Placing of obstructions, signage, garbage, food, or personal items unattended outside the unit;
- Creating unsanitary conditions (e.g., generating excessive trash or offensive odors, or attracting pests);
- Making any change, modification, alteration, or addition whatsoever to the unit or its contents (including moving furniture around);
- Soliciting or loitering around the space or building;
- Commercial photography, film, or videography (without expressed written consent);
- Using the unit for any purpose other than for personal accommodation.
- Guests. You may permit guests to occupy the unit overnight only to the extent authorized by us in writing and you must accompany and supervise such guests at all times. If you exceed any applicable maximum authorized number of overnight guests, then you will be liable to pay additional fees of up to 100% of your effective daily rate for each unauthorized guest and we may revoke or terminate your license to occupy the unit immediately. You also acknowledge and agree that we may require you and/or your daytime or overnight guests to provide us with documentation verifying your guests’ identity such as passport and other information.
- Pets. We do allow pets at most of our houses for an additional charge of $50/pet/stay. Guests will be held liable for any repair damages to the unit. We encourage individuals travelling with animals or using service animals to contact us before their stay.
- Supplies. We provide an initial supply of consumable household supplies and toiletries. Should you require additional supplies please contact us.
- Pool & Hot Tubs. We provide pool and hot tub heating services at an additional charge. These services need to be booked prior to arrival in order to ensure optimal temperature. Heating services can be purchased mid stay at an additional charge of $25 on top of the service fees. Note that the pool does take up to 8 hours to heat. Pool and Hot tub heating can only be purchased for a minimum of 2 nights.
- Air Conditioning. Most of our air conditioning units can be controlled via a central system located within the unit. You are free to set your desired temperature as long as it isn’t below 72°F/21°C as this may damage the system. Any damage caused to the system as a result of non-compliance is the responsibility of the guest as per Upstay terms.
- BBQ. Some of our units feature BBQs that are available for the guest’s use at no additional charge. Should you or your guests use this amenity we ask that you clean it after use and replace the Propane tank. Propane can be purchased directly from Upstay at a charge. If the Propane tank was purchased from us directly, there is no need to replace it upon checkout.
- Houseware. We also provide linens and kitchenware for your use during your stay. Any such items that are removed from the unit will be charged to you in accordance with the Upstay Terms.
- Amenities. Only those amenities that are described in your booking confirmation email are available to you. Please follow any instructions that have been provided to you or may be posted on the property. Your use of any amenities is at your sole risk. Guests younger than 18 years must be accompanied by an adult when using any amenities and other common areas.
- Parking. Parking options and instructions may be provided in our booking confirmation email to you. If you or your guests choose to make use of any recommended parking options, then you (and your guests, if applicable) must comply with all provided instructions, all publicly posted parking signs and policies, and any other applicable parking laws. Upstay is not responsible for your or your guests’ non-compliance with such instructions, signs, policies, or laws.
- Safety and Security. You are responsible for your and your guests’ safety and security. Please read, listen to, and comply with any fire, health, or safety rules and regulations which are provided to you, let us know of any condition in, on, or around the unit that you believe may be a fire, health, or safety risk to you or your guests, report to us any inappropriate conduct or behavior you or your guests observe in or near the unit (e.g., potential loiterers or squatters), and lock all windows and doors before you leave the unit. If you are experiencing a medical or other emergency, or believe you are a victim of or witness to a crime, please contact the nearest hospital and/or local police.
- Reporting Property Damage. You must notify us in writing of any damage to the unit or any of its contents which occurs during your stay, even if you regard the damage as minimal or normal wear and tear, or if you do not believe the damage is your fault. If you do not notify us of any such damage, you will be responsible for such damage in accordance with the Upstay Terms.
- Communications. There may be property management or other professionals unaffiliated with Upstay located on-site. Please direct all of your requests and communications to Upstay at the contact information previously provided to you.
- Other Instructions. In connection with your stay at an Upstay, we may provide you with other written instructions applicable to your stay. These written instructions are “Additional Terms” as defined in the Upstay Terms. Please follow those instructions, ensure that your guests follow them too, and call us if you have any questions.
As a reminder, you are solely responsible for ensuring that you and your guests are aware of and comply with the Upstay Terms and these Upstay Rules, including keeping the Upstay clean and tidy and in the same condition as you found it. We hope you enjoy your stay!